Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm not a fan of pain

I've decided that I'm not a fan of pain, whether it is physical or emotional.  Today, while ice skating, we saw a woman fall and break her ankle/leg.  It was an odd sensation.  We couldn't really do anything, and standing and staring was certainly out of the question.  Being on the periphery felt odd and awkward.  We just had to go on with our activities as if there weren't paramedics and a stretcher and all that right in the middle of the rink.  Then, when I got home, I found out that some friends are getting a divorce.  They were one of those couples that everyone thought would last forever.  I can lend a shoulder for support, but I can't REALLY lessen their pain.  I almost wish I could absorb some of it, so they don't have to deal with the pain, but I say ALMOST, because I've had my share of pain.  I guess there are some times when growth and self-learning come from painful situations, but for the most part, it seems like we could skip most of the trauma and drama in our lives.  Maybe I'll ponder this for a while and do some sort of art work on this subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment