Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11 at 1:11

What were you doing today at 1:11?  Was it something worth noting?  Or was it just more of the same-old, same-old.  Even though the temperature here in Tennessee was only about 31 with a strong wind, I decided to get on my bike and go take some reference photos.  Part of the journey was very meditative.  I had to keep my head down and continuously pump, because riding through slushy snow up hills is kind of like trying to ride on sand dunes.  I went to a local park that still has a small dam that was used to run a mill.  The cap of snow on the tree branches, the blue-greenish water, and the reflections was so wonderful, it nearly brought tears to my eyes.  Then on the way out, I saw a sight that was not really possible to capture on my camera.  The wet, darkened tree branches spread out in all directions with their lacy framework of snow.  It was unreal.
   When you get moments like that, stop, pause, breathe deeply, and take an imaginary picture of the moment. "CLICK"  Try to find at least one of these clickable moments daily, even though it might not be visual.  We tend to dwell so much on the negative, this will help with the balancing act.

No comments:

Post a Comment